Saturday 31 December 2016

2016 in review ...


Dear all,

2016 is almost over ... and despite attempting I find myself failing again and again.

Out of my New Year resolutions for the year I managed 6 out of 10. Two of my significant fails include to blog more frequently and to qualify as a chartered accountant.

As you know the blogging has become more scarce ... and I have also recently failed my final exam. It has been a huge disappointment. 14 exams passed over the last few years and the last, 15th, that would bring me within reach of qualifying ... I panicked.

But lets concentrate on the positive and that is 2017 brings another chance at achieving the unachievable and 10 new goals to work towards. Lets say to qualify is on the list again, as well as to blog more frequently. So far I have 9 goals, and only need to come up with one more ... there is still time until the clock strikes midnight, right? If you have any ideas do let me know.

Onto the lack of stitching achievements. Out of 16 goals I sort of achieved 3 and a bit.

Harmony by Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe. 


My goal was to complete this. And I have. This was one of my earlier finishes (while still motivated by 2015 failures):

December 2015

January 2016

Alice and Dodo by Tanya Bond 

This was a new start and the Goal was to stitch 1 out of 25 pages. 

October 2016

Iris by John Clayton 

December 2015

December 2016

So now onto partial meeting of targets ...

Christmas Candle - HAED

Goal was to finish the top row, i.e a page and a partial. Unfortunately I decided to use this project to participate in a challenge and needed a new page. But this means 5/36 done.

December 2015

August 2016

August 2016

Peace (Little Sheep Virtue) by Little House Needleworks

Well completing all 12 sheep did not go down so well ... but the 6th one is now done.

August 2016

And a not related finish to my Wipocalypse goals ...

A finish of 'Take Shelter together!' - Rainy Day Kitty by Durene Jones the World of Cross Stitching magazine (issue 240).

March 2016

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
Samuel Beckett

Until next year,

Lija




6 comments:

  1. Great work!
    My favorite is the Iris. I love flowers.
    Happy New Year
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a successful year to me! Sorry to hear about your exam. I hope the experience helps you to pass next time.
    I didn't touch my Alice and the Dodo all year! Yours looks great.
    Happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...I wouldn't worry about failing at the goals. It's better to have something to aim for than just mindlessly going through life. I'm sorry that you failed your exam but at least you know where you went wrong and you know that you have passed all the others so I'm sure it will go well next time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitching is lovely :) You made good progress this year. I'm sorry about your exam that must have been devastating! When can you retake it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your exam! Here's hoping 2017 is bigger and better than 2016. You've done some lovely stitching! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you need to remove the word "fail" from your vocabulary. I believe focusing on your achievements would be much better. You had a lot on this year and you have some beautiful finishes under your belt. Christmas candle looks amazing and you finished 6 little sheep.

    I'm sorry to hear about your final exam but now you know what to expect the next time you're going to go in there and smash it out of the park. Good luck sweetie and have an absolutely amazing 2017 in everything you do.

    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete