After the last update realisation hit me that there wasn't much chance of me being able to complete all set projects, so I set a mini goal to concentrate on completing Fizzy Moon and 1 page of my HAED for this year end. So...
A Fizzy Moon finish (which ended up being mums Christmas present ... so expect another pillow appearing on the blog soon):
The latest page progress:
I have even managed to start the next page.
Error corrections and unexpected stitching:
So then I had a little time to correct/start correcting a few errors I have clumsily made this year:
In Big Ben there should have not been any dark in the reflection ... silly me has mixed up symbols
This error I have unpicked and corrected, then done some unexpected stitching:
In Venice the events occurred the other way around. I have been working on it to discover that I did not account for the overlap of 10 squares in my gridding so there is a 10 square wide line down the centre where the 2 pages of design overlap.
|August 2012 - part 1|
|December 2012 - extra stitching|
|December 2012 - extra stitching and the start of unpicking|
Year Update1) 'Handpicked by Fizzy [a new start and finish]:
2) Country Trio [final of three start and finish]:
3) Lickle Ted with a daffodil:
4) Xmas Chums [a bit of failure this goal]:
So I have ended up with less than I begun with.
5) Good Heavens [failure as none done]:
6) Making Lickle Wishes:
7) John Clayton: Big Ben [new start and ...]:
8) John Clayton: Venice [new start and ...]:
10) 'does my bum look big in this?' [from ... to finish]:
13) 'Meet Baby Newton' [from ... to a finish]:
15) 'Tending the Flock' [same - shame]:
16) 'Picture of elegance' [and again ...]:
So a grande total of 8 complete. Next year although we are told to set the goals in the 1st check-in post I think I will do in advance hopefully before the year begins. This I think I will do by changing the Wipocalypse 2012 tab, and will have more SMART objectives (something I have learnt on my course). So I will update the sidebar links, and the tabs to reflect this update in the next few days. And now back to study.
P.S. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!