Saturday 23 February 2013

Oh dear there is me again ... with exchanges and Valentines

This seems an extreme luxury, I haven't had this many frequent update since ... well ever.

Life is slowly trying to settle into a pattern again, although a few deadlines and tasks are still on the horizon (but that is just a case of life).

So I am going to post few things. 1st up is a Margaret Sherry exchange I have participated in last summer ...


Check out Summer Exchange Flashback for all involved.

You have seen what I received from Marcinha in my earlier post click here:


I am now using it to store all the threads from the QS Literate Dragon SAL. Very useful and pretty.

But I haven't posted what I sent to the next person in the list...






It is a box with Margaret Sherry's design 'June cat & mouse' from Margaret Sherry 2012 Stitcher's Diary, a free gift with the World of Cross Stitching magazine issue 185.

And now back onto recent issues. I have recently for Valentine's had an exchange of stitched cards with McKenna of Chic Crafting. And this is the lovely card I have received in the post from her:


The colour is very close to purple ... which is great as it is my favourite colour. The card I sent to America for this exchange is:




The stitched cup is from the set designed by Rhona Norrie 'Coffee Cards'. She frequently appears in the stitchy magazines, and I especially like her quick and quirky designs. Check out Rhona's blog Tangled Threads by clicking here. I changed the colours a little (to be a little creative and use leftovers): Anchor: 370, 360, 304, 302; DMC: blanc, 818. The 370 and 360 was also used for backstitching.

And for consistentcy I'll also post the one other Valentine's card I stitched this year:





 Also from the same set designed by Rhona. This time I used the following threads... Anchor: 233, 360, 370, 316, 850, 158, 77, 304, 851; and DMC: blanc, 3688. The backstitching used 233, 360, 370 (already listed).

Till another successful update lets hope,

                                                              
P.S. Promise to be better at responding.

4 comments:

  1. Cute! I love all the exchanges, and your Valentine's Day cards are so original and quirky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi your stitching all looks fab.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, love the cat with the mouse, fantastic finish. And valentines card looks amazing, great work lija xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I'm a special fan of Margaret Sherry's designs ;) hhehehe Lovely finishes sweetie!
    hugs&smiles

    ReplyDelete