Wednesday 3 August 2011

Another Present

These last two weeks marked a bit of excitement in my cross stitch world. My shopping trip for thread ended up with me buying 3 new kits (not only were they all on a sale, but also on a buy 2 get one free offer). So I have decided not to judge the amount I spent but to marvel at my new projects to be yet begun. After I smashed my desk lamp (a rather exciting switch on (3 settings)/off by touch), I had to get a new one ... and although my new desk lamp is not as exciting as the previous one it does have a special daylight bulb that will help me not go blind.

This week's project post is one of Fizzy Moon. A free kit that came with the World of Cross Stitching magazine issue 173. It was meant to be a card ... which I gave to my mum for her birthday without glueing in or writing a message as I wasn't sure she wanted it as a card. A good thing too, she has decided it is too pretty to be on a card and will think of what to do with it. Her fancy for Fizzy Moon means my next year's presents are sorted ... just need to begin stitching. Two designs are almost finished (just the backstitching and french knots left). Which ones wait and see ... I aim to complete all available designs for her at some stage in the future.

So,
       till next week,
                                 Lija



1 comment:

  1. This is soooo cute!!! I am in love with it. I like your way of finding these different cross stiching patternes. It always amased me how people have the will to spend time on these things. You are one big inspiration to all including me. Your enthusiasm has inspired me and i can't wait to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete