Sunday, 16 February 2020

New starts, some downsizing, and resolution not to wash my finished projects

Dear all

I was digging in my stash on Friday night to find an easyish project to work on. Ideally not a large one. So the one that took my fancy was 'I'm not fat ...' by Margaret Sherry.

WIP - 16 February 2020
Years ago I bought two kits from Sherry Lewis Kits, this was when Margaret Sherry ventured out into a partnership with Cathy Lewis. However the business was subsequently dissolved. For years I have picked the projects out and put them away. But now it looks as if at least one will be completed. I have replaced 14 count with even weave fabric.

Whilst digging through my pile of stash I have decided to say good bye to 'Love' by Livia Rovaris and 'Let's do coffee' by Ursula Michael. Both are charts stitched in one colour that at this point in my life I don't see myself ever picking up. I still love Ursula's chart ... however I do hate backstitching so lets be realistic ... will I ever pick up a chart that predominantly uses backstitching? Both have joined the eBay pile. Hopefully someone will give them a much needed love. So here is to downsizing my stash list by further 2 projects. 

Having slightly improved my stash / projects in respect of my desire to minimise ... I have went and done the unspeakable ... I started a new project that is not on the list! I have designed my own cross stitch chart of two magpies based on original art work by me. Assembled the kit ... and am now stitching and manually adjusting the pattern. 

WIP - 14 February 2020
And speaking of assembling threads I have decided to rinse a few that were what I felt a little stale from storage ... and yikes the navy DMC 939 bled so much in the sink! It made me resolve not to wash my finished projects going forwards!

Until soon,


  1. No point in keeping something you know you're not going to stitch again, and now you know what to avoid!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your Magpies come together.

    1. Thank you. You are right! I changed from 14 count to 18 count and I am loving the project so much more.