Monday 2 March 2020

I'm not fat by Margaret Sherry and some unexpected downsizing to stash

Dear all

'I'm not fat...' by Margaret Sherry is coming along well. I have now completed stitching the cat and am onto the cupcake with only the frame and backstitching to go.


WIP - 2 March 2020

I may take a break from this design to stitch a couple of magpies. 

Speaking of my magpies, this is the chart I am designing based on one of my paintings I gave you a sneak peak last time, after commencing stitching I have realised I hate 14 count fabric. Having not used 14 count in so long I forgot how with using 2 strands the white comes through the design. If a kit has empty space for a background I swap the fabric out for even weave and where there is full coverage I prefer 18 count (with 16 at a push). Interestingly I tried either 20 count and hated it as the fabric was less structured.

So I will be saying good bye to 5 packs of 14 count fabric. Not quite the kits or charts that I am tracking, but there is definitely space appearing in my cross stitch / knitting drawer.

Until soon
Lija


No comments:

Post a Comment